sew12button

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Old potholders



Use it up, wear it out, make it due... I worked with an older fellow, Ray, at the factory and these were some of his words of wisdom for me. It came to mind one night when I was sewing and Craig suggested that I make some new potholders. I decided instead to revamp these old ones made by his great grandmother, Plo. The upper right potholder is made from old cowboy material (sorry for poor photo quality). Craig can remember having pajamas made from that material. Plo often used the kids old clothes to make quilts and other items - isn't that wonderful? The gold material is what I used to cover the old potholders. I always thought that the blue potholder was a crackup - it is so uneven! Plo must have been very old when she made it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment